Sunday, March 06, 2005

Exciting Times in Cowtown

Ok, so the excitement does not extend to all of Calgary, but it certainly encompasses a certain townhouse in the city limits. Why, you may ask, is excitement bursting forth from the seams of Unit 11? One word . . . ebay.

Yes folks, that's right, I have boldly gone where millions have gone before. The nail-biting world of online auctioning. After many attempts to convince tall-statured friends to enjoy my old bike frame, I have turned to bigger and better markets. Now, I wait. Anticipating the glorious riches of having offered a top quality and hard to come by product.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98083&item=7139606195&rd=1

Now all of you too can watch my dream become reality. And yes, I know there is only one bid on it, but the sale is still 4 days, 3 hours, and 50 minutes away from being finished; there are 25 eager ebayers watching the sale in anticipation of participating in the end-time bidding frenzy; and every day my inbox is full of messages from the curious and the cut-throat alike asking questions about my precious product.

Ahhhhh. The free market. Supply and demand, ladies and gentlemen, and this time there is only one Schwinn Homegrown Pro - Bass boat blue and featherlight too.

:o)

And for all of you wondering about the enigma of daylight savings time while you have nothing better to do, all you ever wanted to know (and much, much, more than you ever needed to know) can be found here: http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/index.html.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home