Thursday, November 03, 2005

Off To Antigua

Well, after a few days of sorting, and a couple days of alternating sore tummies, we´re heading off to Antigua to spend a couple of nights before Tim hops on a plane back to Canada. Hard to imagine it has already been a month, in so many ways it feels like we just got here a day or two ago. We have been busy though - the medicines that were sent down in the container have all been sorted out and we organized about 4 dozen boxes of supplies. It should be much easier to distribute fairly now. Tim and I met the firefighters (who also run the ambulances) here in Panajachel as well as up in Solola. We were supposed to meet with them last night, but my needing to be close to a baño precluded my ability to go to the meeting, so Tim went off on his own and managed about 45 minutes of charades and conversation on his own. I´m going to go to their monthly meeting on Saturday evening and run scenarios with them. On Sunday evening I´m heading up the 800 vertical metres to Solola to do the same. I am also going to see if I can ride along with them in the next week or so, just to get a feel for how they do things here. Should be interesting. Jill from BC got into Guatemala ok and we finally got to meet after over a year of phone and email conversations. I´m looking forward to working with her over the next few weeks. I have also been thinking about returning to Roatan for a few days before I fly back at the beginning of December, maybe an early birthday present to myself ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home