Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Mostly Avoiding Housework

Had a good call yesterday at work. Showed up at the house to find a freshly (like, one minute fresh) delivered baby boy! Little guy was screaming away and all gooey. I got to cut the cord and helped mom out. Mom was freaked - being the 17 year old that she was, and considering the fact her mom and boyfriend had just helped her give birth on the bathroom floor. All in all it was pretty neat. A nice change from last week when I had an old Jewish lady swearing at me in Yiddish and telling me I'm going to burn in hell . . .

I just finished reading the book "Shake Hands with the Devil" by General Romeo Dallaire. Amazing book, its the very harsh and brutal account of the failed UN peace-keeping mission in Rwanda in the early 90s. If you have some spare time its definitely worth the read.

Today has been a busy computer learning day for me . . . Finally managed to post the picture of Emnlyn, and also MSN messengered for the first time with Mel and Mike. I'm sure I thoroughly annoyed them by playing around with all of the little faces and pictures and fish. It was good fun though. Funny though, the house still hasn't gotten cleaned up . . .


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home