Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Still avoiding :)

Thought you might like to see my new favorite picture. I took this one in Hoi An, Vietnam in April. I've been going through all of my pictures trying to figure out which ones to get enlarged. I'm hoping maybe to get a couple put in a local gallery here, not sure how to go about doing that though. Anyways, I have a nice photo album I'm going to fill first and need 8x10s for it.

Had a quiet night last night. I'm working on one of the rapid response units, which is basically an Explorer with a big engine in it. Its just me (no partner) and I just go to calls when there isn't a transport truck in the area. The best part is not having to transport means I don't have to sit at the hospitals with patients all night . . . which means I get to sleep all night (or most of it anyways). Its kind of like being a fire fighter, only way cooler ;)

For anyone out there who is considering getting a kitten - Janet (my newish kitten) has a new favorite track in my office: enter through door at Mach 3, jump over garbage can, 20 claw velcro move to back of chair, hyperspace launch to mid curtain, get picked up by scruff of the neck and tossed out door, repeat. Not that I'm trying to dissuade anyone . . .

1 Comments:

At 8/12/2004 01:36:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got a new kitten? I'm amazed at your willingness to undergo the excuriating heartbreak that comes when feline friends have to depart for, as you put it, kitty heaven. While I do miss having a cat and puppy around, the trauma of looming death is too much right now. Although I guess you're exposed to it in humans every day, and I just sit here struggling with my own mortality as my advancing years try to teach my I'm not immortal like I once thought. Oh to be young again. I wish I could meet this new kitten though, young animals are most delightful.
-Timothy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home