Wednesday, March 23, 2005

We're not allowed to hang up on people . . .

Paramedic dispatch, what's the address of the emergency?
(slurred) What emergency?
What address do you need an ambulance to sir?
(more slurred) I got a cut on my arm.
What address are you at sir?
(etc. with the slurring) I'm at my mom's house.
Where exactly is that sir?
Why do you want to know?
Well, you've called the paramedics, I need to know where to send the ambulance.
I don't need an ambulance, my arm is all cut up.
How did your arm get cut?
Why do you want to know?
I'm just trying to help you sir, I need to tell the ambulance where you are and what's wrong with you.
They told me to phone you.
Who did sir?
The hospital.
The hospital told you to call 911? Where are you right now sir?
At my mom's house. My arm is sore.
Sir, I can't send the paramedics to help you if you don't tell me your address.
I don't need an ambulance, I need something for my arm.
Well, the paramedics will look at your arm when they get there. What happened to your arm?
Someone cut it.
With what?
A knife.
When did this happen sir?
A couple days ago.
And you would like an ambulance now?
No, I just want my prescription.
We don't give prescriptions sir, you can get one from the hospital though, the ambulance will take you there.
I was just at the hospital. They told me to call you.
The hospital told you to call 911?
Yes, to get my prescription.
Sir, you've called emergency services for an ambulance, do you need an ambulance?
No, I need Tylenol 3's, I have a prescription. They told me to phone you.
Sir, do you want me to send an ambulance to you?
Will they bring me Tylenol 3's?
No sir, they'll take you to the hospital though.
I was just at the hospital. They gave me a prescription and told me to call you. Now you're going to tell me I'm taking up a line or something right?
Well sir, you are. You've called 911 and if you don't want an ambulance, I'm not sure what else I can do for you.
Well I need this prescription.
Perhaps you could try going to a pharmacy?
How will I get there?
I'm not sure sir, but the only place the ambulance can take you is to the hospital.
Fine. You're no help at all. Bye. (click)

2 Comments:

At 6/10/2005 01:27:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you please update this thing.It's been since march.

 
At 6/20/2005 06:26:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there nothing new and exciting?Or at least silly?Come on woman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home