Monday, August 23, 2004

Its cold and rainy here, if that makes anyone else feel better . . .

They're talking about frost on the news. The farmers are freaking out. Surely this year, unlike every other year in history, won't produce un-farmer-friendly weather. Stories like this always leads me to wonder when the weather cooperated in such a way that they didn't actually have to worry about it. I'm beginning to think it hasn't ever happened.

I actually kind of like the rain. But, then again, I also like winter, so that could be part of the connection. Last night I came home and lit a fire, sat there and read. It was great. The rain was falling outside, it was blustery and cold, and it was cozy and warm inside. This was after I spent 2 hours driving around SW of Calgary looking for potential "Trees in the Mist" pictures. Not as much luck there as I would have liked, but I did get a couple shots of simply "Wet Trees" and have the muddy jeans and rust stained hands to make it all the more satisfying an adventure.

Not so satisfying is the recent behavior of my car. Even my threatening to sell it to an auto wrecker hasn't stopped it from stalling periodically while I'm slowing down.

Found out today that my flight to Ecuador is booked and confirmed. It always becomes much easier to plan and look forward to something once you have the tickets in the mail. Inevitability, I suppose, is also a mother of invention.

I wonder if the farmers are happy in Grand Junction, Colorado? I hear they make good wine . . . ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home