Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Despite all the chaos

While organizing the weekend getaway to Fernie may have been a little frustrating, the actual experience was great. Not only did the weather cooperate for the best (not too hot, not too rainy), but my first-time riding downhill only - as opposed to the grueling uphill included riding - was a total blast. And other than a few bumps and bruises, everyone managed to come out of the weekend relatively unscathed. We took care of our groggy mornings with Advil and Gatorade, ate like royalty, and hung out in a beautiful log chalet, enjoying both the hot tub and the scenery. I am now trying to figure out a way to live and work in Fernie . . . A difficult goal, however, considering there are no paramedics in Fernie.

It really is amazing how a few days of biking and hanging out in the fresh mountain air can improve your state of mind. Something I really need to do more often. Kind of funny though, since I spent more time in the mountains when I lived in Red Deer than I do now that I'm only 45 minutes away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home