Thursday, November 24, 2005

My Apologies to the People of Calgary

In the interest of public safety and prevention of further natual disasters, I have decided that the likelihood of hurricanes, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions is lowest in Canada. Thus I will be returning early to avoid reigning futher terror on the Guatemalan coast after my recent announcement that I would be visiting. A collective sigh of relief was heard in the Pacific districts when my flight was confirmed for Sunday, and previous plans to arrive in Monterrico were cancelled.

Yes. I`m coming home early. I`m scheduled to arrive in Calgary on Sunday November 27th at 2:45pm. After much thinking and discussing about the situation, I have decided it is the best choice. My work commitments here are finished. There are extra people available to help with the container when it arrives (probably late next week), and I am simply, in a word: exhausted. The prospect of returning home and having only 48 hours to readjust to Calgary life and climate prior to returning to work isn`t going to be enough time. I will really enjoy having some extra time to process the experiences I`ve had here, and leisurly visit friends and relatives before jumping back into the business of work. I think that I am needing a holiday from my holiday. The proverbial hamster is lying on the bottom of his now silent wheel, weakly holding a tattered white flag in his atrophied little arm. I need home for a rest.

I will be updating once I`m back home, providing more detailed information about the amazing time I have spent here. And until then I will leave you all with a quote from the CTV Calgary weather website:

¨A high temperature record was set in Calgary on Wednesday, for the second day in a row. The 17.7 degree high beat a record that stood for almost 50 years. We could make it three in a row Thursday. If we reach our expected high of 16, it will surpass the record of 15.6, set way back in 1890.
The weather pattern is expected to change by the weekend. The omega block aloft will break down, and the chinook will end. That will allow more seasonable weather to take over for the weekend. For a change, November will feel like November.¨

1 Comments:

At 11/24/2005 06:53:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are coming back on Sunday, should we alert the Disaster Preparedness people to have extra staff on so that we are ready for the earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and landslides that you seem to leave in your wake? Batten down the hatches everyone... looking forward to seeing you back home :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home