Friday, September 17, 2004

Incredibly Inconsiderate

I admit it. I have been totally irresponsible in my blog upkeep over the last few days. Not only did I not post the pictures that I promised to, I haven't written since Sunday. I have since finished my four days off and am now back at work. The Valium was a successful combatant for my phobia of dentists and the ensuing 5 hour "nap" I had after was probably the best sleep I have had in months. I get to go back in two weeks. :)

Back at work. Working in dispatch. All of the amazing reasons people call ambulances. And not so amazing reasons. I can't really complain a whole lot though. I was getting a little bored on the PRU . . . One can only sit at the firehall for so long. Definitely not a lot of sitting around doing nothing in dispatch.

It's Trish's birthday tomorrow (HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRISH), she's 29. This makes me happy for a few reasons, mostly though, because she's older than I am. Her last birthday in her 20s. Yikes. And I thought turning 20 was traumatic, that looming "30" is becoming less than appealing to think about.

My mom's back in Japan (hi mom), I got an email from her today talking about her organizing her new apartment. I love thinking of her being there. It really fits for her home. I don't know how else to explain that. Hopefully the new house and job will be as great as the previous. And I'm sure she'll find a nice bike that is just as much fun to ride around on as her old one.

Oh, and Tim, buck up little guy, bones fix themselves and as much as it sucks to have broken one, always remember: piggy-backing while drunk is not usually a great idea, neither is riding your bike (more of a reminder for me really). If it makes you feel any better by the time I was 21 I had broken several bones. You're just slowly catching up to my greatness ;)


3 Comments:

At 9/20/2004 02:36:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that you had better start getting used to the idea of leaving your twentys because it won't be long now. If your already dreading it now, imagine how you'll feel when the time really comes. Hopefully all your younger friends won't make fun of you for being old. Who am I trying to kid, of course they will. O well, maybe when the big "30" hits, you'll be more ready for it then you are now. And you'll handle the teasing with style and grace, instead of a punch to the chops.

 
At 9/21/2004 03:17:00 a.m., Blogger Catherine Rentz said...

Oddly enough, I have a hard time taking advice from someone to scared to reveal their identity to me . . . If you're going to slag me, at least have the balls to tell me who you are. :)

 
At 9/27/2004 03:05:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, my....you sure are a sensitive old girl aren't you? Oops, I mean young girl. Now that I know I've gotten under your skin, I'm always going to post " Anonymous". And for the record, it wasn't advice......just words of wisdom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home