Friday, October 08, 2004

Everything here is kind of like a hurricane now . . .

And I though 5 days was a long time not to write, here we are 3 weeks later! My mom is probably getting tired of not seeing anything new on here!!!

So its 4 more days and 5 more sleeps until I leave for Ecuador. The last few days have been a flurry of activity trying to get everything ready before I leave. I have had incredible luck with the amount of donations I have received from people to purchase medical supplies. In addition to a $500 donation from a charity run by the sister of the Chief of EMS (my boss), the people I work with have given me about $400 so far. It is amazing how much stuff you can buy with that much money . . . Gloves, syringes, medicine, needles, inhalers. Really quite amazing. I was also given two cases of antibiotics!! Pretty incredible.

I have had a house guest staying here for the past few days, my Grandpa Moore. My Grandma unfortunately had to have surgery on the weekend and they just happened to be passing through the Calgary area when it happened. Things are improving day by day, and although they don't believe me when I tell them, I am really enjoying having him stay here. It feels like precious time spent with them both.

So this may not be the longest post ever written, but it brings everyone up to date. They will become more frequent now I promise . . .

emnlyn

OH!!!! I forgot to welcome a certain friendly yet very ferocious badger to the world of technology . . . I guess that little comment I made about her never seeing her picture on my blog was wrong. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home