Sunday, October 10, 2004

Pre-trip Jitters

Well they finally hit. About .2 seconds after I woke up this morning I finally got the jitters. The first .1 second was spent figuring out where I was (Amy's house), and that was followed quicly by "OH MY GOD I'M FLYING TO ECUADOR IN THREE DAYS, AND I'M GOING BY MYSELF AND WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS I THINKING!!!" Or something along those lines. Then I smelled the coffee Mike was brewing downstairs, and heard Amy grumbling at the cats and giggling about something or other, and then I realized I have just as good a chance of dying a horrible death here as I do there, and neither is likely to happen any time soon. At least I have managed to somewhat to convince my finely balanced psyche of this. Or as my mom pointed out - when you start thinking that way stop and move on to something else.

Something else like American customs, overweight luggage, unwashed laundry, undone chores, flower bulbs unplanted, work tomorrow morning, and the 10 day weather forcast of 20 degrees and rain in Ambato . . .

But I know it will all come together, somehow.

It always does . . .

:o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home