Thursday, October 14, 2004

Hola From Ecuador!

Well here I am in an internet cafe in Quito Ecuador. Its partly sunny and about 25 degrees right now - very beautiful city with the colonial architecture, palm trees, and big green mountains towering all around. The flights were good, and I met the Ecuadorian coordinator Patirica at the airport last night. Tomorrow I head to Ambato where I will be staying with a family and getting started at the hospital. I am amazed, as always, at how incredible it is to get on a plane in one country and then 12 hours later find myself somewhere so completely different. My spanish is horrendous, but even after less than a day I am finding that I can remember more and more.

So just a quick note to you all to let you know I made it safely, and am in good hands here.

Love to you all,
Emnlyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home