Tuesday, October 12, 2004

T minus 23 hours

Well my bags are packed, I'm ready to go . . . Almost. It wouldn't really be like me to actually be totally ready to go more than 2 or 3 hours before my plane leaves. What fun would that be? The list has shrunk though, the bulbs did get planted, I have managed to fit most of the stuff into a couple of duffle bags - and I'm quite sure my clothes and the rest of the stuff will fit into my backpack. If only I had hairless cats . . . Then I wouldn't need to vaccum. Today is likely going to be pretty hectic. I'm working with a new employee who has no idea what he's in for today. I said we were going to be busy and I think he thought I meant doing calls, not running around frantically trying to find Children's Tylenol and cheap Ibuprofen. Tomorrow at this time I will be on a plane somewhere over the states heading towards Dallas, then onto Miami (it's still there right?), and then to Quito. I should be arriving there at 2130h EST. Not sure when that is actually, they don't have daylight savings which puts them about 3 hours ahead of us I think. I still have butterflies darting madly about my insides, but those hopefully will subside once I'm on the plane.

My Grandma is doing much better - her IVs have been taken out, and all systems are go. She looks so much better than she did a week ago, which is so good to see. I'm not sure what I would have done if she hadn't recovered so well. Thankfully I don't have to find out. My Grandpa is doing better as well, definately more relaxed and looking forward to the impending transfer closer to home. Hopefully there is a bed available in Red Deer, or better yet, Ponoka.

So I suppose this is my final communique from Canada - I will write as soon as I can from Ecuador, but that probably won't be until Thursday evening or Friday.

Take care of yourselves in my absence and try not to miss me too much ;o)

Love to you all,
Emnlyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home