Friday, October 29, 2004

Very Very Horn

A special prize for the first person who can interpret what the intention of that sentence was . . . Good Luck!

I´m off tomorrow to the jungle, very exciting indeed! Tonight is a little get together with some of the staff from the hospital and should be alot of fun as well. Salsa, I would guess, is bound to be in my very near future! It has been another great week at the hospital. I have really enjoyed making the kinds of connections I have with people here, certainly one of the benefits of staying in one place for an extended period of time. The woman who runs the restaurant across from the hospital pours a cup of cafe con leche for me when she sees me get off the bus and her children know me by name. The bus driver knows which stop I get off at and even got a little excited today when I left the bus early to come email. The security guards at the hospital watch every night while we get on the bus, and I have met the families of most of the people I work with. Such an incredible experience. The culture here really is a rich social network. I wonder if we come even close to making people feel as welcome in Canada. I don´t think so . . . Something we should all strive to do more of.

I don´t think I´ll have internet access at the lodge, so this is a little goodbye for now. I will return, with many stories I´m sure, on Wednesday evening. And for anyone that´s concerned (you know who you are), none of the women at the hospital were worried when I told them where I was going - they all though it was a great idea.

Love to you all,
Emnlyn

2 Comments:

At 10/31/2004 06:51:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It means you had wild sex in the jungle and were so excited about it that you forgot how to spell horny. CTM

 
At 11/02/2004 01:27:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I win??? CTM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home